Author Question: How is it that crime may be a form of adapting to one?s environment? (Read 821 times)

curlz

What kinds of circumstances would likely promote a person choosing crime over other behaviors? Are these the same circumstances that you think would need to change in order to reverse adaptive criminal behavior, or is it not that simple? Give examples to support your opinion.

( This not homework just a discussion)

Garrulous

I think about this all the time...The vast majority of my clients aren't bad people.  Most are just in bad situations.  Many are mentally ill or addicted to some substance...

I often wonder what it would take to put me on that side of the law....I wonder what paths taken in my past would have led that way if I hadn't veered off...It seems to me that most people don't just choose crime...most finally give into the need...eventually, after you cross the line enough times, you forget it's there...