This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Janine has not seen her Aunt Esther for several years. When they meet at a family reunion, Janine ... (Read 135 times)

craiczarry

Janine has not seen her Aunt Esther for several years. When they meet at a family reunion, Janine notices that Aunt Esther is very thin and has bulging, protruding eyes. Janine asks Aunt Esther if she has seen a doctor recently.

I surely did, replies Aunt Esther. He told me some long word about why I'm looking 'bug-eyed.' My heart's beating real fast, too, and it's all got to do with my thyroid gland. Janine thinks for a minute about her Medical Terminology class, and she figures out what the doctor said. What is the name of the eye condition, and what is the name of the endocrine gland condition? A) insectopia; diabetes
  B) exophthalmos; hyperthyroidism
  C) hyperopia; Cushing syndrome
  D) bradycardia; hypothyroidism

Question 2

The pectoralis major muscle is located in the ________.

A) buttocks
  B) chest
  C) forearm
  D) thigh

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kaytorgator

Answer to Question 1

B

Answer to Question 2

B
Explanation: A) It is not located in the buttocks.
B) Correct Pector/o- means chest.
C) It is not located in the forearm.
D) It is not located in the thigh.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

CAPTAINAMERICA

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Most childhood vaccines are 90–99% effective in preventing disease. Side effects are rarely serious.

Did you know?

Drug-induced pharmacodynamic effects manifested in older adults include drug-induced renal toxicity, which can be a major factor when these adults are experiencing other kidney problems.

Did you know?

This year, an estimated 1.4 million Americans will have a new or recurrent heart attack.

Did you know?

More than 2,500 barbiturates have been synthesized. At the height of their popularity, about 50 were marketed for human use.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library