Author Question: What do you think of people who write essays for others for money? (Read 2135 times)

Sandstorm

I think it's totally  OK and shows a lot of capitalist/business innovation for young people.

Before you argue ethics, GET THIS: there are no ethics in capitalism and the job market. Employers DON'T CARE how hard you worked for that Bachelor's when they pay you $12/hour. In fact, the young are the new underclass; they are squeezed out of jobs in the weak economy by older, more experienced people taking their places.

You have college grads competing with 100's of others for $10/hour jobs. Is that fair? NO.

That SAME college grad can crank out one page of essay-writing in about 30 minutes. The market value for one page of essay-writing is $20-$25.

In case you can't count, that's $40-$50 per hour.

The world IS unfair to Generation Y. So why should Generation Y be "goody goody fairy pee i love unicorn too shoos" in such a cruel world?????
Aint nothing wrong with takin tests for others, too.

The market value for a midterm is $100-$250. The market value for online classes goes from $250 for each math courses all the way up to $2000 for a complicated, labor-intensive humanities or writing course.
Term papers (10 or so pages) go for $250-$500, while SAT's go for $1000-$2500.

Good luck getting that when "sourry ve aint hirrrring"

formula1

As long as it's not illegal or for school, no problem.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

camila

I actually had a job writing computer programs for students.  I was tutoring programing for University of California students.  It typically turned out that they just wanted the program written, and they didn't even want to know how it worked.

The last student I helped was a UC professor that needed a Computer Science degree to get into programming genetics.  It started out that I was teaching her to program in C++, and finally she just paid me to write her homework assignments.  I felt kinda bad about it, so I stopped the tutoring.

Hungry!

I see your point.  At the other end of the spectrum, guys who did all their own work and got c's are doing the same job as the a student.   So whatever gets you through it.

penguins

I think its fine,  what the "other people" do with it is the problem

Millan

Buying an  essay is like paying someone to go to the dentist for you, you avoid the pain but your teeth still decay.

curlz

I agree with you 100%. These people who pay to have their test taken are the stupid ones since they will probably get fired from their job in the future when they find out they don't know anything.

Jones

Crappy way to make a living.

I can make a good living doing the math homework of other students. In fact I get 100's of such requests all the time. Any given time my facebook wall is loaded with requests to do their math assignments for money. I get lot of facebook mail for that reason only.

Since my facebook page indicates i am postgraduate in math, I've been bombarded right and left with desperate students begging for help.

But do I ever help them? No I don't.

Because then they are just wasting student loan money without learning anything. Shouldn't be going to college in first place if you can't handle the coursework.  They can drop the course, withdraw or do something they can handle.

aero

You're deliberately undermining the value of your own degree.

By deliberately destroying the society you live in, you're effectively destroying your own self.

You sit there complaining about an employer who won't pay you, how society is so horrible, yet your only response is to tear down society further.

No different than complaining about walmart and then driving to walmart to get a new computer to complain about walmart.

The old phrase is that "If your'e not part of the solution, You're part of the problem." Well you were part of the problem to begin with by helping cheaters to get away with it.  Helping the incompetent.

You're exactly why so many people who are older than generation Y complain about generation Y.  The minute these people you "help" get a job, everyone older than them laughs at their illiteracy.  Laughs at the fact that they can't write a simple letter, without clipping it.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Signs of depression include feeling sad most of the time for 2 weeks or longer; loss of interest in things normally enjoyed; lack of energy; sleep and appetite disturbances; weight changes; feelings of hopelessness, helplessness, or worthlessness; an inability to make decisions; and thoughts of death and suicide.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

The tallest man ever known was Robert Wadlow, an American, who reached the height of 8 feet 11 inches. He died at age 26 years from an infection caused by the immense weight of his body (491 pounds) and the stress on his leg bones and muscles.

Did you know?

Although the Roman numeral for the number 4 has always been taught to have been "IV," according to historians, the ancient Romans probably used "IIII" most of the time. This is partially backed up by the fact that early grandfather clocks displayed IIII for the number 4 instead of IV. Early clockmakers apparently thought that the IIII balanced out the VIII (used for the number 8) on the clock face and that it just looked better.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library