This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In bright light, the muscles of the iris contract, reducing the size of the pupil in order to keep ... (Read 157 times)

imowrer

In bright light, the muscles of the iris contract, reducing the size of the pupil in order to keep too much light from entering the eye. This process is called ________.

A) mydriasis
  B) myopia
  C) miosis
  D) macula

Question 2

Mrs. L seems embarrassed to explain why she came to the clinic today. Finally, she says, Nurse, I just can't hold my water. For no reason at all, or especially if I cough, sometimes I just pee on myself.

What medical term will the nurse write as Mrs. L's symptom? A) incontinence
  B) incompetence
  C) cystitis
  D) nocturia

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fffftttt

Answer to Question 1

C
Explanation: A) The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.
B) The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.
C) Correct The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.
D) The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.

Answer to Question 2

A

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

mjenn52

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

Many medications that are used to treat infertility are injected subcutaneously. This is easy to do using the anterior abdomen as the site of injection but avoiding the area directly around the belly button.

Did you know?

Coca-Cola originally used coca leaves and caffeine from the African kola nut. It was advertised as a therapeutic agent and "pickerupper." Eventually, its formulation was changed, and the coca leaves were removed because of the effects of regulation on cocaine-related products.

Did you know?

In women, pharmacodynamic differences include increased sensitivity to (and increased effectiveness of) beta-blockers, opioids, selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, and typical antipsychotics.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library