This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In bright light, the muscles of the iris contract, reducing the size of the pupil in order to keep ... (Read 156 times)

imowrer

In bright light, the muscles of the iris contract, reducing the size of the pupil in order to keep too much light from entering the eye. This process is called ________.

A) mydriasis
  B) myopia
  C) miosis
  D) macula

Question 2

Mrs. L seems embarrassed to explain why she came to the clinic today. Finally, she says, Nurse, I just can't hold my water. For no reason at all, or especially if I cough, sometimes I just pee on myself.

What medical term will the nurse write as Mrs. L's symptom? A) incontinence
  B) incompetence
  C) cystitis
  D) nocturia

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

fffftttt

Answer to Question 1

C
Explanation: A) The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.
B) The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.
C) Correct The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.
D) The combining form mi/o- means narrowing, as the pupil decreases in size.

Answer to Question 2

A

imowrer

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

essyface1

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

In 2010, opiate painkllers, such as morphine, OxyContin®, and Vicodin®, were tied to almost 60% of drug overdose deaths.

Did you know?

Giardia is one of the most common intestinal parasites worldwide, and infects up to 20% of the world population, mostly in poorer countries with inadequate sanitation. Infections are most common in children, though chronic Giardia is more common in adults.

Did you know?

There are actually 60 minerals, 16 vitamins, 12 essential amino acids, and three essential fatty acids that your body needs every day.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library