This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Which term means condition of scanty amount of urine? A) polyuria B) nocturia C) oliguria D) ... (Read 38 times)

fbq8i

Which term means condition of scanty amount of urine?

A) polyuria
  B) nocturia
  C) oliguria
  D) dysuria

Question 2

An abnormal accumulation of lymph in the interstitial spaces is:

A) lymphangitis.
  B) lymphedema.
  C) lymphostasis.
  D) lymphadenitis.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jackie

Answer to Question 1

C
Explanation: Olig/o means scanty and -uria means condition of urine, so oliguria would be condition of scanty urine. Poly- means excessive; thus, polyuria would be condition of excessive urination. Noct/i means night, so nocturia would be condition of nighttime urination. Dys- means difficult; therefore, dysuria means condition of difficult urination.

Answer to Question 2

B
Explanation:
A) Lymphangitis is inflammation of the lymph vessels.
B) Correct.
C) Lymphostasis would be stagnation of the lymph flow.
D) Lymphadenitis is inflammation of the lymph glands.

fbq8i

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

kalskdjl1212

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

More than 34,000 trademarked medication names and more than 10,000 generic medication names are in use in the United States.

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library