Author Question: The nurse is providing care to a newborn who is suspected of having Turner syndrome. Which should ... (Read 19 times)

Kthamas

The nurse is providing care to a newborn who is suspected of having Turner syndrome. Which should the nurse assess the newborn for based on the current diagnosis?

1. Club foot (talipes equinovarus)
  2. Congenital heart anomalies
  3. Hyperbilirubinemia due to liver abnormalities
  4. Diaphragmatic hernia

Question 2

The nurse is teaching a postpartum client when light housekeeping can be resumed. Which response by the client indicates accurate understanding of the information provided?

1. I can resume light housekeeping after the 6-week postpartum checkup.
  2. I can resume light housekeeping during my first week at home.
  3. I can resume light housekeeping during my second day at home.
  4. I can resume light housekeeping after my second week at home.

KKcool

Answer to Question 1

Explanation:
1. Club foot is not associated with Turner syndrome.
2. Congenital heart anomalies, including coarctation of the aorta, frequently are associated with Turner syndrome.
3. The newborn with Turner syndrome has the normal risk for hyperbilirubinemia.
4. Diaphragmatic hernias are not associated with Turner syndrome.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation:
1. It is not necessary to wait until after the 6-week postpartum checkup to resume light housekeeping.
2. Within the first week is too early to resume even light housekeeping activity.
3. The second day is too early to resume even light housekeeping activity.
4. The postpartum client can resume light housekeeping after the second week at home.