This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: In addressing real-world issues, for example, fracking under residential real estate, explain how ... (Read 57 times)

fagboi

In addressing real-world issues, for example, fracking under residential real estate, explain how you would apply the core critical thinking skills

Discuss the problem you have selected, and present the questions you would ask in the course of applying those skills.

What will be an ideal response

Question 2

List the similarities between the criteria of both strong and acceptable demonstrations of critical thinking as evaluated by the Holistic Critical Thinking Scoring Rubric.

What will be an ideal response

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

scottmt

Answer to Question 1

Taking the example of fracking under residential real estate, as a strong critical thinker, one would first want to know more about this petroleum extraction method. Questions such as What is known about the environmental risks of the chemicals involved in the fracking processes? or What exactly is involved in establishing a new drill site in my community? can be asked to promote interpretation. Questions such as What are the statistics on the frequency and severity of the accidents and safety violations associated with shale gas drilling? can be asked to promote inference. Perhaps questions such as If our community were to permit fracking, what would be the economic impact of that decision, and for whom, and how long would we have to wait before seeing those benefits? can be asked to promote evaluation. Or Do my past statements in support of alternative energy policies, or my financial interests in residential real estate, or my fears for the health and safety of myself and my family bias my review of the information about shale gas drilling? can be asked to exercise our judiciousness habit of mind and our self-regulation skills.

Answer to Question 2

Both categories focus on how well a person or group
  Accurately interprets evidence, statements, graphics, questions, and so on.
  Offers analyses and evaluations of obvious alternative points of view.
  Draws warranted, judicious, non-fallacious conclusions.
  Justifies some results or procedures, explains reasons.
  Fair-mindedly follows where evidence and reasons lead.

fagboi

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
:D TYSM

pangili4

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Blastomycosis is often misdiagnosed, resulting in tragic outcomes. It is caused by a fungus living in moist soil, in wooded areas of the United States and Canada. If inhaled, the fungus can cause mild breathing problems that may worsen and cause serious illness and even death.

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

People often find it difficult to accept the idea that bacteria can be beneficial and improve health. Lactic acid bacteria are good, and when eaten, these bacteria improve health and increase longevity. These bacteria included in foods such as yogurt.

Did you know?

The Food and Drug Administration has approved Risperdal, an adult antipsychotic drug, for the symptomatic treatment of irritability in children and adolescents with autism. The approval is the first for the use of a drug to treat behaviors associated with autism in children. These behaviors are included under the general heading of irritability and include aggression, deliberate self-injury, and temper tantrums.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library