This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: If you were concerned to clarify your career vocation options, what are some of the questions you ... (Read 33 times)

maychende

If you were concerned to clarify your career vocation options, what are some of the questions you might reasonably ask yourself in order to determine relevant information and deepen your understanding?

What will be an ideal response

Question 2

Why are the six core critical thinking skills not presented as a numbered list?

What will be an ideal response

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

atrochim

Answer to Question 1

Questions like these:
  What do I know about myself in terms of my knowledge, skills, and values?
  What topics do I find most interesting?
  In which academic subjects do I excel?
  What careers am I most interested in pursuing?
  What kinds of problems do I find most compelling?
  What can I learn from talking to other people?
  What might my academic advisor be able to do to help me?
  What could my professors this term do to help me?
  What might my friends who are juniors and seniors be able to tell me about picking a major?
  What could I learn from talking to people who work in careers that I think are interesting?
  What can I learn by consulting other available resources?
  What resources exist on campus to help students pick a major or pick a career?

Answer to Question 2

Critical thinking is the process of reflective judgment that uses skills but is not equivalent to a simple linear set of skills. We use the skills in concert with one another to form the judgment about what to believe or what to do. Critical thinking has certain important features in common with looking for an address while driving on a busy and unfamiliar street. The key similarity to notice here is that critical thinking requires using all the skills in concert, emphasizing one or the other or multiple skills at the same time, depending on the ever changing situation. It would be an unfortunate, crude, and misleading oversimplification to reduce critical thinking to a rote list of skills, like the steps in the recipe on the lid of dehydrated soup: first analyze, then infer, then explain, then close the lid, and wait five minutes.

maychende

Reply 2 on: Jun 19, 2018
Wow, this really help

cici

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

Did you know?

According to the American College of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, more than 50 million Americans have some kind of food allergy. Food allergies affect between 4 and 6% of children, and 4% of adults, according to the CDC. The most common food allergies include shellfish, peanuts, walnuts, fish, eggs, milk, and soy.

Did you know?

Certain rare plants containing cyanide include apricot pits and a type of potato called cassava. Fortunately, only chronic or massive ingestion of any of these plants can lead to serious poisoning.

Did you know?

Amphetamine poisoning can cause intravascular coagulation, circulatory collapse, rhabdomyolysis, ischemic colitis, acute psychosis, hyperthermia, respiratory distress syndrome, and pericarditis.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library