This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A staff nurse explains relationship-based care to an inpatient daughter's father as: 1. Your ... (Read 19 times)

Yolanda

A staff nurse explains relationship-based care to an inpatient daughter's father as:

1. Your family is one of many on this unit. We will work to take care of your daughter to the best of our ability..
   2. You and your family are part of the plan of care so we all, staff and doctors, can meet the needs of your daughter..
   3. I am sorry, but I do not have time to speak with you right now. I will have the charge nurse come answer your questions..
   4. The staff values input and will ask you when we have questions about your daughter..

Question 2

A 13-year-old boy who has been on antipsychotic medications for a month has begun experiencing extrapyramidal effects, reporting muscle paralysis in his lower extremities. This is referred to as:

1. Akinesia.
   2. Akathesia.
   3. Dystonia.
   4. Tardive Dyskinesia.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

tjayeee

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. The comment is offhand and does not show the father that his daughter is going to receive individualized care, which is a major component of relationship-based care.
2. The nurse addresses the needs of the father at this time.
3. The nurse states that she does not have time, but by delegating this conversation to someone else, the father does not have a relationship with the nurse, which is not suitable.
4. The nurse did not allow the father to give input about his daughter freely. The nurse requires him to have permission.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. Akinesia is defined as muscular paralysis and is one of the extrapyramidal effects of antipsychotic medications. Akathesia is motor restlessness. Dystonia is muscle tone impairment. Tardive Dyskinesia is involuntary muscle movements.
2. Akathesia is motor restlessness, not muscular paralysis.
3. Dystonia is muscle tone impairment, not muscular paralysis.
4. Tardive Dyskinesia is involuntary muscle movements, not muscular paralysis.

Yolanda

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

covalentbond

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

In the United States, there is a birth every 8 seconds, according to the U.S. Census Bureau's Population Clock.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Adult head lice are gray, about ? inch long, and often have a tiny dot on their backs. A female can lay between 50 and 150 eggs within the several weeks that she is alive. They feed on human blood.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library