This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Jenni is an 8-year-old girl with a known history of physical and sexual abuse. She has come to the ... (Read 55 times)

littleanan

Jenni is an 8-year-old girl with a known history of physical and sexual abuse. She has come to the pediatric clinic with her foster mother for a yearly physical.

Which of the following statements would indicate that the nurse is prepared to work with the child? 1. Hi, Jenni. I am going to be your nurse today. Please put this gown on. I will chart on this computer, and then we will start with your assessment..
   2. Hi, Jenni. I am going to be your nurse today. Here is a gown for you to put on. I am going to step out of the room until you have it on. Please have your foster parent open the door when you are ready for me to come back in..
   3. Hi, Jenni. Please put the gown on, and then we will take you down the hall for your lab work..
   4. Hi, Jenni. We are going to get some tests done today to make sure you are healthy. The doctor is going to make sure there are no more marks on you today..

Question 2

Judy, a pediatric nurse, is working a test trial for a new medication for type 1 diabetes. Judy knows she has a duty to not tell a lie. The truth-telling standard is known as:

1. Benefice.
   2. Veracity.
   3. Advocacy.
   4. Fidelity.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

14vl19

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. It is important to provide privacy for the child.
2. The nurse introduces herself, and then offers privacy to the child and foster parent to prepare for the exam.
3. Taking the child down the hall in a gown does not provide personal privacy. This should either be done before or after the exam.
4. A mention of marks may cause the child to have increased anxiety and feel as if she is doing something wrong.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. Does not meet the definition.
2. Telling the truth to the fullest degree is the definition.
3. The nurse is not advocating for anything.
4. Does not meet the definition.

littleanan

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Wow, this really help

Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Walt Disney helped combat malaria by making an animated film in 1943 called The Winged Scourge. This short film starred the seven dwarfs and taught children that mosquitos transmit malaria, which is a very bad disease. It advocated the killing of mosquitos to stop the disease.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Cucumber slices relieve headaches by tightening blood vessels, reducing blood flow to the area, and relieving pressure.

Did you know?

Complications of influenza include: bacterial pneumonia, ear and sinus infections, dehydration, and worsening of chronic conditions such as asthma, congestive heart failure, or diabetes.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library