This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new mother is receiving information about the newborn hearing screens for her baby girl. The nurse ... (Read 26 times)

wrbasek0

A new mother is receiving information about the newborn hearing screens for her baby girl. The nurse knows that the mother understands the reason for the screening when she states:

1. My daughter will need this screen, and then a follow-up in three months..
   2. My daughter will need the screen done now. It should be repeated if we note she is not meeting developmental milestones..
   3. It is my decision to participate in this hearing screen, so I am going to decline the screening because I do not know if my insurance will cover it..
   4. I should have a hearing screen done again when she enters school..

Question 2

The nurse is assessing a child with a history of Hirschsprung's Disease. The nurse should expect to have assessment findings of:

1. Frequent bloody stools.
   2. Abdominal cramping and fecal soiling in the child's underwear.
   3. A low hematocrit.
   4. Thin, ribbon-like, foul smelling stool and a distended abdomen

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

vickybb89

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. Follow-up screens are done only if an abnormality is noted.
2. It is important to assess all the ways the communication and comprehension of a child are not meeting developmental milestones.
3. Hearing screens are done on all newborn infants.
4. A hearing screen may be done when entering school, but that does not address this question.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. Few stools occur with a child with this disease.
2. Abdominal cramping may occur, but the child is able to use the toilet.
3. There is no bleeding involved in the disease process, so a low hematocrit is rare.
4. The thin, ribbon-like stools occur because of the small passageway for stool to move through the affected area. The abdomen is distended because of the gas and fecal buildup in the affected area.

wrbasek0

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The average office desk has 400 times more bacteria on it than a toilet.

Did you know?

According to the FDA, adverse drug events harmed or killed approximately 1,200,000 people in the United States in the year 2015.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

Did you know?

Certain chemicals, after ingestion, can be converted by the body into cyanide. Most of these chemicals have been removed from the market, but some old nail polish remover, solvents, and plastics manufacturing solutions can contain these substances.

Did you know?

Looking at the sun may not only cause headache and distort your vision temporarily, but it can also cause permanent eye damage. Any exposure to sunlight adds to the cumulative effects of ultraviolet (UV) radiation on your eyes. UV exposure has been linked to eye disorders such as macular degeneration, solar retinitis, and corneal dystrophies.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library