Author Question: The nurse is discharging a teenage patient after hospitalization for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. ... (Read 61 times)

ts19998

The nurse is discharging a teenage patient after hospitalization for Pelvic Inflammatory Disease. Identify the statement that would indicate that the teaching was not effective

1. I might have infertility later in life because of this infection.
   2. It is important for me to finish my antibiotics.
   3. When I get older and want to have children, I am at a higher risk for a tubal pregnancy because of the PID.
   4. My PID was caused by a yeast infection.

Question 2

The nurse explains the treatment room to a mother of a 9-year-old boy who is about to have a lumbar puncture. Identify the best explanation for the room.

1. The room is a special place where your son will be more comfortable..
   2. The room is used for the procedure so that he does not associate his hospital room with pain..
   3. The room is for painful procedures so that you do not have to hear him become upset..
   4. The room is easier for the staff to obtain the needed laboratory results..

guyanai

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. PID can cause scarring, which prevents a female from becoming pregnant later in life.
2. The antibiotics should be taken for the prescribed course in order to decrease the risk of infection a second time.
3. PID can cause scarring, which prevents a female from becoming pregnant later in life and puts the female at risk for tubal pregnancies.
4. PID is caused by an untreated or undertreated STI.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. The room is not always comfortable for a child. Labeling the room as special can indicate pleasure. When the procedure is not pleasurable, this can discredit trust with the child.
2. The procedure room helps the child not associate his room as a scary, painful place.
3. A parent is welcomed in procedures rooms to help calm the child.
4. The room may be easier to use for the staff, but the most important measure is attempting to keep the child calm and comfortable.