This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A teenage boy has an uncircumcised penis and is receiving instruction on how to clean the area. The ... (Read 23 times)

MirandaLo

A teenage boy has an uncircumcised penis and is receiving instruction on how to clean the area. The nurse knows that the teen understands the teaching when he states:

1. I only need to clean the area once a week..
   2. I will need to use force to retract the foreskin in order to clean the penis..
   3. I need to pull the foreskin over the glans when it is dry..
   4. I should not need to cleanse the area often..

Question 2

The nurse knows that an 11-year-old child is in acute respiratory distress. The assessment may include all of the following except:

1. Clubbed nailbeds.
   2. Pallor.
   3. Rales and retractions.
   4. Nasal flaring.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

anyusername12131

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. The area should be cleansed every day, just like other parts of the body.
2. The foreskin should pull back easily. If force is needed, medical attention should be sought.
3. The foreskin should be placed over the glans after it is dry.
4. The area needs to be cleaned in order to make sure that bacteria are removed.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. Clubbing happens in chronic respiratory situations, not acute situations.
2. The child may become pale because of the lack of oxygen within the blood stream.
3. The rales are an indication of fluid within the lungs, and the retractions occur because the body is requiring more use of accessory muscles to breath.
4. Nasal flaring may occur to open airways larger to help obtain oxygen and blow off carbon dioxide.

MirandaLo

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Dinolord

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Carbamazepine can interfere with the results of home pregnancy tests. If you are taking carbamazepine, do not try to test for pregnancy at home.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

Did you know?

During pregnancy, a woman is more likely to experience bleeding gums and nosebleeds caused by hormonal changes that increase blood flow to the mouth and nose.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library