Author Question: Preschool children engage in preoperational thinking. This means that: a. Children cannot think ... (Read 114 times)

ahriuashd

Preschool children engage in preoperational thinking. This means that:

a. Children cannot think in terms of operations
  b. Children no longer believe in magical powers
  c. Children base their reasoning on what is implied
  d. Children no longer demonstrate symbolic functioning

Question 2

A father is discussing dietary needs for his son, who has a diagnosis of CHF. The nurse knows the father understands the dietary needs when he states:

1. I can let my son have french fries once a week..
   2. I will need to make sure he drinks eight 8-ounce glasses of water every day..
   3. When having scalloped potatoes and ham for dinner, we should plan an alternative meal for my son..
   4. I will need to give my child his diuretic at bedtime because food can interfere with the medication action..

Li Jun

Answer to Question 1

A
Children at this age are not able to think in terms of operations or logically relate events to each other. Children believe in magical powers and base their reasoning on what they can see and hear.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. A diet that is low in sodium is needed.
2. Close monitoring of fluid intake is needed because the heart can easily become overloaded with fluid.
3. Ham has a large concentration of sodium, thus the child should have an alternative meal.
4. The diuretic should be given earlier in the day to decrease the number of times needed to urinate during sleep time.