This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The mother of an 8 year old with steri-strips to the right temporal area has been receiving teaching ... (Read 14 times)

leilurhhh

The mother of an 8 year old with steri-strips to the right temporal area has been receiving teaching about caring for the wound. The nurse knows that the mother understands the teaching when she states:

1. I will need to remove the stitches in two days, and then bring my child back for more steri-strips..
   2. I will clean the area with peroxide and keep the steri-strips dry..
   3. I will keep the sterile dressing over the wound for the next 12 hours..
   4. I will leave the steri-strips alone, and they will fall off in 7 to 10 days..

Question 2

The statement pertaining to injury to a preschooler that is correct is:

a. Preschool children no longer need a car seat
  b. Accidents are a major threat to children of this age
  c. Preschool children no longer need a bike helmet
  d. Preschool children can safely handle sharp knives or glass containers

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Liamb2179

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. The child does not have stitches.
2. Cleansing the area with peroxide will not keep the area dry.
3. A sterile dressing is not needed at this time because the steri strips are in place.
4. The steri strips should be left alone to fall off when the wound heals.

Answer to Question 2

B
Children continue to use a car seat or a booster seat at this age. Accidents remain the major cause of death and disability at this age. Any person riding a bike should wear a helmet. Preschoolers should never be given a potentially dangerous item to handle.

leilurhhh

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

cassie_ragen

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Chronic necrotizing aspergillosis has a slowly progressive process that, unlike invasive aspergillosis, does not spread to other organ systems or the blood vessels. It most often affects middle-aged and elderly individuals, spreading to surrounding tissue in the lungs. The disease often does not respond to conventionally successful treatments, and requires individualized therapies in order to keep it from becoming life-threatening.

Did you know?

Astigmatism is the most common vision problem. It may accompany nearsightedness or farsightedness. It is usually caused by an irregularly shaped cornea, but sometimes it is the result of an irregularly shaped lens. Either type can be corrected by eyeglasses, contact lenses, or refractive surgery.

Did you know?

One way to reduce acid reflux is to lose two or three pounds. Most people lose weight in the belly area first when they increase exercise, meaning that heartburn can be reduced quickly by this method.

Did you know?

The highest suicide rate in the United States is among people ages 65 years and older. Almost 15% of people in this age group commit suicide every year.

Did you know?

The oldest recorded age was 122. Madame Jeanne Calment was born in France in 1875 and died in 1997. She was a vegetarian and loved olive oil, port wine, and chocolate.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library