This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Jasmine's mom calls the pediatric triage nurse and asks if she can give aspirin because of a fever ... (Read 80 times)

robinn137

Jasmine's mom calls the pediatric triage nurse and asks if she can give aspirin because of a fever and achiness due to chicken pox. The nurse knows that the mother understands the reason not to give the aspirin in this situation when she states:

1. If I give aspirin, she is as risk for major issues with her brain and liver..
   2. I can give the aspirin in a low dose and be safe..
   3. I can give the aspirin in three separate doses throughout the day..
   4. I should not give her aspirin because this can make her blood thin and not help with her get better..

Question 2

Which cranial nerves are involved in sending impulses that are responsible for autonomic functions, like heart beat and the gag reflex?

1. Cranial nerves VII and IX
   2. Cranial nerves IX, X, and XI
   3. Cranial nerves IX and X
   4. Cranial nerves X and XII

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

bulacsom

Answer to Question 1

Feedback
1. Aspirin is not recommended for children due to the risk for liver and brain damage.
2. Any dose of aspirin for a child can cause damage to the liver and brain.
3. Any dosing schedule can cause damage to the child's liver and brain.
4. The asprin may cause blood to thin, but the main concern is the development of Reye's Syndrome.

Answer to Question 2

Feedback
1. Cranial nerves IX, the Glossopharyngeal, and X, the Vagus, send impulses to the heart and throat.
2. Cranial nerve XI assesses the Spinal Accessory.
3. Cranial nerve X assesses the Vagus.
4. Cranial Nerve X assesses the Vagus, and Cranial Nerve XII assesses the Hypoglossal.

robinn137

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Wow, this really help

okolip

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

The first documented use of surgical anesthesia in the United States was in Connecticut in 1844.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

Nearly all drugs pass into human breast milk. How often a drug is taken influences the amount of drug that will pass into the milk. Medications taken 30 to 60 minutes before breastfeeding are likely to be at peak blood levels when the baby is nursing.

Did you know?

Never take aspirin without food because it is likely to irritate your stomach. Never give aspirin to children under age 12. Overdoses of aspirin have the potential to cause deafness.

Did you know?

Malaria was not eliminated in the United States until 1951. The term eliminated means that no new cases arise in a country for 3 years.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library