This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The school nurse becomes aware that a student with a diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis has been ... (Read 29 times)

swpotter12

The school nurse becomes aware that a student with a diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis has been reporting to sports practice. The nurse will advise the student and the coach that:

a. the student should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day and not get overheated in practice
  b. the student should rest until any splenomegaly resolves, as the spleen could rupture
  c. there are few complications from infectious mononucleosis
  d. the student should not play unless she is free of any fever

Question 2

The nurse recognizes a need for further education when the parent of a child who is to receive Lanoxin (digoxin) at home says:

a. I will use a syringe to measure the medication rather than a spoon..
  b. I will add more bananas to the baby's diet to prevent hypokalemia..
  c. I will take my baby's apical pulse for a full minute before giving the drug..
  d. If my baby vomits the dose, I will repeat the dose..

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

CAPTAINAMERICA

Answer to Question 1

B

Feedback
A Incorrect. Becoming aware that a student with a diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis has been reporting to sports practice, the school nurse will not advise the student should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day and not get overheated in practice.
B Correct. Becoming aware that a student with a diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis has been reporting to sports practice, the school nurse will advise the student and the coach that the student should rest until any splenomegaly resolves, as the spleen could rupture.
C Incorrect. Becoming aware that a student with a diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis has been reporting to sports practice, the school nurse will not advise there are few complications from infectious mononucleosis.
D Incorrect. Becoming aware that a student with a diagnosis of infectious mononucleosis has been reporting to sports practice, the school nurse will not advise the student should not play unless she is free of any fever.

Answer to Question 2

D
If the child vomits, the dose should not be repeated.

swpotter12

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

When intravenous medications are involved in adverse drug events, their harmful effects may occur more rapidly, and be more severe than errors with oral medications. This is due to the direct administration into the bloodstream.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Adults are resistant to the bacterium that causes Botulism. These bacteria thrive in honey – therefore, honey should never be given to infants since their immune systems are not yet resistant.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library