This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching a group of caregivers about reverse attention. Which of the following ... (Read 19 times)

NguyenJ

The nurse is teaching a group of caregivers about reverse attention. Which of the following statements by a caregiver 2 weeks later would indicate that this caregiver was following the instructions of the nurse?

a. My child was coloring quietly, and I gave him a compliment on his good behavior.
  b. Our child was coloring the walls with crayons, and I put him in time-out.
  c. When our daughter took crayons away from a playmate, I put all the crayons up until she could agree to share.
  d. I had my child gift wrap the crayons and give them to a playmate.

Question 2

Acquired primary hypothyroidism occurs more often in which of the following groups or with which of the following conditions?

a. males
  b. other autoimmune-mediated diseases such as type 1 diabetes or chromosomal abnormalities
  c. pituitary or hypothalamic dysfunction
  d. American Indians

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

enass

Answer to Question 1

A

Feedback
A Correct. Reverse attention has been deemed an effective tool for teaching appropriate behavior. Rather than acknowledging only bad behavior, good behavior is also acknowledged. Therefore, for the child who is coloring quietly, it is important for the caregiver to recognize the child's actions.
B Incorrect. Instituting a time-out would be an example of recognizing bad behavior.
C Incorrect. Taking away items such as crayons would be an example of recognizing bad behavior.
D Incorrect. Having a child gift-wrap crayons is not an example of recognizing good behavior.

Answer to Question 2

B

Feedback
A Incorrect. Acquired primary hypothyroidism occurs in greater frequency among females.
B Correct. Acquired primary hypothyroidism occurs in greater frequency with other autoimmune-mediated diseases like type 1 diabetes or chromosomal abnormalities such as Down syndrome.
C Incorrect. Secondary or tertiary hypothyroidism is associated with pituitary or hypothalamic dysfunction.
D Incorrect. Acquired primary hypothyroidism is not especially related to American Indians.

NguyenJ

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

robbielu01

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

The top five reasons that children stay home from school are as follows: colds, stomach flu (gastroenteritis), ear infection (otitis media), pink eye (conjunctivitis), and sore throat.

Did you know?

The immune system needs 9.5 hours of sleep in total darkness to recharge completely.

Did you know?

In 2006, a generic antinausea drug named ondansetron was approved. It is used to stop nausea and vomiting associated with surgery, chemotherapy, and radiation therapy.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Barbituric acid, the base material of barbiturates, was first synthesized in 1863 by Adolph von Bayer. His company later went on to synthesize aspirin for the first time, and Bayer aspirin is still a popular brand today.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library