Author Question: What is the correct/proper way to head college assignments/homework? (Read 1228 times)

hummingbird

I'm a freshmen in college. My name is Brittany Marshall, It's homework for my Psychology for Personal Effectiveness class, the teachers name is Prof.Margaret Easton, and you know todays date! How should that be headed for my homework assign. or any assign. of that nature???

formula1

At the top right corner, put your name on one line, teacher's name on the next line, class name on the next line, and today's date.
Then give the assignment a title.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

federox

Well, I am a senior at the University of Texas and of the many classes that I have taken I have learned that heading papers in college isn't so different from high school.

Unless you professor has a specific way she wants things done I would suggest the basic heading format.

In the top left hand corner have Your Name, any unique identifier that you were assigned and underneath that the class code or class name.  In the center have the assignment name or title.  And in the top right corner have the professors name and underneath that the date.

For Example:

Brittany Marshall _______ Assignment #1 ______ Easton
PSY 101  ___________________ _____________ 08/29/08

curlz

Make your standard title page which u can use for all your projects, just need to change contents, I used to do the same thing and my teachers didn't even had to read my name and could tell by looking at the cover that it's my papers. Always type your assignments unless you'r asked to write bcus it looks more professional, and don't bend papers.
here's the basic example for title page(type it in center):

Program name
          Institute name with a logo

course name with code

PROJECT TITLE

submittion date
                submitted by:-------
                submitted to:-------

Did you know?

The senior population grows every year. Seniors older than 65 years of age now comprise more than 13% of the total population. However, women outlive men. In the 85-and-over age group, there are only 45 men to every 100 women.

Did you know?

The toxic levels for lithium carbonate are close to the therapeutic levels. Signs of toxicity include fine hand tremor, polyuria, mild thirst, nausea, general discomfort, diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, lack of coordination, ataxia, giddiness, tinnitus, and blurred vision.

Did you know?

Stevens-Johnson syndrome and Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis syndrome are life-threatening reactions that can result in death. Complications include permanent blindness, dry-eye syndrome, lung damage, photophobia, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, permanent loss of nail beds, scarring of mucous membranes, arthritis, and chronic fatigue syndrome. Many patients' pores scar shut, causing them to retain heat.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

In 1844, Charles Goodyear obtained the first patent for a rubber condom.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library