This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Parents ask the nurse to explain what it means then the pediatrician says that their child's ... (Read 20 times)

Haya94

Parents ask the nurse to explain what it means then the pediatrician says that their child's vesicoureteral reflux is a grade I. Which of the following is the nurse's best response to explain the significance of the grade?

a. In grade I there is already some amount of renal scarring.
  b. There is some loss of kidney function, but it is no more than 50.
  c. This grade of reflux is most likely to resolve spontaneously.
  d. Grade I is the most serious grade of vesicoureteral reflux.

Question 2

Hitchcock et al. (2003) described the three phases of the home visit of a nurse as:

a. contact, interact, and react
  b. preinteraction, engagement and active participation, and termination
  c. learning, application of what is learned, and point of evaluation
  d. focusing, planning, and resolution

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Briannahope

Answer to Question 1

C

Feedback
A Incorrect. Explaining to parents the meaning then the pediatrician says that their child's vesicoureteral reflux is a grade I, the nurse's best response to explain the significance of the grade is not that in grade I there is already some amount of renal scarring.
B Incorrect. Explaining to parents the meaning then the pediatrician says that their child's vesicoureteral reflux is a grade I, the nurse's best response to explain the significance of the grade is not that there is some loss of kidney function, but it is no more than 50.
C Correct. Explaining to parents the meaning then the pediatrician says that their child's vesicoureteral reflux is a grade I, the nurse's best response to explain the significance of the grade is the less severe the reflux (grades I and II), the greater likelihood it will resolve spontaneously.
D Incorrect. Explaining to parents the meaning then the pediatrician says that their child's vesicoureteral reflux is a grade I, the nurse's best response to explain the significance of the grade is not that grade I is the most serious grade of vesicoureteral reflux, it is the least serious.

Answer to Question 2

B

Feedback
A Incorrect. Contact, interact and react are not the three phases of the home visit according to Hitchcock et al (2003).
B Correct. Following the initial phone call, Hitchcock et al describes the three phases of the home visit: 1) preinteraction; 2) engagement/active participation; and 3) termination.
C Incorrect. Learning, application of what is learned, and point of evaluation are not the three phases of the home visit according to Hitchcock et al (2003).
D Incorrect. Focusing, planning, and resolution are not the three phases of the home visit according to Hitchcock et al (2003).

Haya94

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

aliotak

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

HIV testing reach is still limited. An estimated 40% of people with HIV (more than 14 million) remain undiagnosed and do not know their infection status.

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Autoimmune diseases occur when the immune system destroys its own healthy tissues. When this occurs, white blood cells cannot distinguish between pathogens and normal cells.

Did you know?

All adverse reactions are commonly charted in red ink in the patient's record and usually are noted on the front of the chart. Failure to follow correct documentation procedures may result in malpractice lawsuits.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library