This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is phoning a client to arrange a home visit of a three-day-old infant and the family. The ... (Read 12 times)

lb_gilbert

The nurse is phoning a client to arrange a home visit of a three-day-old infant and the family. The client asks the nurse what the visit will entail, and what the nurse will be doing. What is the best answer from the nurse?

A. I'll be coming to make sure your older children are safely adapting to the new baby.
   B. Some babies get jaundiced, so I'll assess your baby's color, feeding, and elimination.
   C. Weighing your baby is my main priority for the home care visit.
   D. I will be checking to see how you and your baby are doing overall.

Question 2

The nurse is meeting with a client for the first time during a home visit. The client delivered her first child three days ago. She had a normal pregnancy, and a vaginal delivery. The infant is breastfeeding.

Which client statement indicates that the client needs more information about the home visit? You are: (Select all that apply.) A. Going to check my baby's weight.
   B. Going to watch me nurse the baby and give me tips.
   C. Going to teach my mother about the baby.
   D. Checking for safety issues when my son starts crawling.
   E. Going to take a blood sample from me and from my son.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

javimendoza7

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

B

lb_gilbert

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

marict

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Disorders that may affect pharmacodynamics include genetic mutations, malnutrition, thyrotoxicosis, myasthenia gravis, Parkinson's disease, and certain forms of insulin-resistant diabetes mellitus.

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

Atropine was named after the Greek goddess Atropos, the oldest and ugliest of the three sisters known as the Fates, who controlled the destiny of men.

Did you know?

Every 10 seconds, a person in the United States goes to the emergency room complaining of head pain. About 1.2 million visits are for acute migraine attacks.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library