This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: Each of the following pregnant women is scheduled for a 14-week antepartal visit. In planning care, ... (Read 75 times)

vinney12

Each of the following pregnant women is scheduled for a 14-week antepartal visit. In planning care, the nurse should give priority teaching about the serum quadruple screen including alpha-fetoprotein amniotic (AFP) to which client?

A. 28-year-old with history of rheumatic heart disease
   B. 18-year-old with exposure to HIV
   C. 20-year-old with a history of preterm labor
   D. 35-year-old with a child with spina bifida

Question 2

At 32 weeks' gestation, a woman is scheduled for a second nonstress test (in addition to the one she had at 28 weeks gestation). Which response by the client would indicate an adequate understanding of this procedure?

A. I can't get up and walk around during the test.
   B. I'll have an IV started before the test.
   C. I must avoid drinks containing caffeine for 24 hours before the test.
   D. I need to have a full bladder for this test.