Author Question: The client at 36 weeks' gestation requires an appendectomy. The nurse has performed the preoperative ... (Read 21 times)

stevenposner

The client at 36 weeks' gestation requires an appendectomy. The nurse has performed the preoperative teaching. Which statement made by the client indicates a need for additional information?

A. I will be tilted to my left side to prevent the baby from compressing a major blood vessel and causing my blood pressure to drop.
   B. It may be more difficult for the surgeon to find my appendix because the uterus is enlarged from the baby.
   C. Coughing and deep breathing after surgery will help prevent me from developing pneumonia.
   D. I can take off these anti-embolism stockings as soon as I am awake from the anesthesia.

Question 2

The client presents to the clinic for an initial prenatal examination.

She asks the nurse if there might be a problem for her baby because she has type B Rh positive blood and her husband has type O Rh negative blood, or because her sister's baby had ABO incompatibility. What is the nurse's best answer? (Select all that apply.) A. Your baby would be at risk for Rh problems if your husband was Rh negative.
   B. Rh problems only occur when the mother is Rh negative and the father is not.
   C. ABO incompatibility occurs only after the baby is born.
   D. We don't know for sure, but we can test for ABO incompatibility.
   E. Your husband being type B puts you at risk for ABO incompatibility.

karmakat49

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D