This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A 21-year-old woman is 12 weeks pregnant with her first baby. She has cardiac disease, class III, as ... (Read 30 times)

future617RT

A 21-year-old woman is 12 weeks pregnant with her first baby. She has cardiac disease, class III, as a result of having had childhood rheumatic fever. Which planned activity would indicate to the nurse that the client needs further teaching?

A. I will be sure to take a rest period every afternoon.
   B. I would like to take childbirth education classes in my last trimester.
   C. I will have to cancel our trip to Disney World.
   D. I am going to start my water aerobics classes next week.

Question 2

A 21-year-old is 12 weeks pregnant with her first baby. She has cardiac disease, class III, as a result of having had childhood rheumatic fever. During a prenatal visit, the nurse reviews the signs of cardiac decompensation with her.

The nurse will know that the client understands these signs and symptoms if she states, I would notify my doctor if I have: A. A pulse rate increase of ten beats per minute.
   B. Breast tenderness.
   C. Mild ankle edema.
   D. A frequent cough.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Kingjoffery

Answer to Question 1

D

Answer to Question 2

D

future617RT

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

yeungji

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Critical care patients are twice as likely to receive the wrong medication. Of these errors, 20% are life-threatening, and 42% require additional life-sustaining treatments.

Did you know?

The National Institutes of Health have supported research into acupuncture. This has shown that acupuncture significantly reduced pain associated with osteoarthritis of the knee, when used as a complement to conventional therapies.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

Did you know?

Asthma is the most common chronic childhood disease in the world. Most children who develop asthma have symptoms before they are 5 years old.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library