This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: During the history, the client admits to being HIV-positive and knows that she is about 16 weeks ... (Read 18 times)

cnetterville

During the history, the client admits to being HIV-positive and knows that she is about 16 weeks pregnant.

Which statements made by the client indicate an understanding of the plan of care both during the pregnancy and postpartally? (Select all that apply.) A. During labor and delivery, I can expect the zidovudine (AZT) to be given in my IV.
   B. After delivery, the dose of zidovudine (AZT) will be doubled to prevent further infection.
   C. My baby will be started on zidovudine (AZT) within 12 hours of delivery.
   D. My baby's zidovudine (AZT) will be given in a cream form.
   E. My baby will not need zidovudine (AZT) if I take it during my pregnancy.

Question 2

The client at 20 weeks' gestation has had an ultrasound that reveals that her fetus has a neural tube defect. The client's hemoglobin level is 8.5 . The nurse should include which statement when discussing these findings with the client?

A. Your low iron intake has caused anemia, which leads to the neural tube defect.
   B. You should increase your vitamin C intake to improve your anemia.
   C. You are too picky about food. Your poor diet caused your baby's defect.
   D. You haven't had enough folic acid in your diet. You should take a supplement.