Author Question: The nurse suspects that a client has developed a perineal hematoma. What assessment findings would ... (Read 26 times)

Mr3Hunna

The nurse suspects that a client has developed a perineal hematoma. What assessment findings would the nurse have detected to lead to this conclusion?

1. Facial petechiae
  2. Large, soft hemorrhoids
  3. Tense tissues with severe pain
  4. Elevated temperature

Question 2

Which of the following statements would a pregnant teenager likely make at the first prenatal visit? (Select all that apply.)

A. I didn't know I could get pregnant the first time I had sex.
   B. Several of my friends go to clinics to get contraception.
   C. It's no big deal; two of my best friends have babies, too.
   D. We have plenty of money at home to buy diapers and stuff.
   E. I'll have to drop out of school because I don't have day care for my baby.

Moriaki

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 3. Tenseness of tissues that overlie the hematoma is characteristic of perineal hematomas.

Answer to Question 2

C

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

Did you know?

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) was originally known as the Communicable Disease Center, which was formed to fight malaria. It was originally headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, since the Southern states faced the worst threat from malaria.

Did you know?

For about 100 years, scientists thought that peptic ulcers were caused by stress, spicy food, and alcohol. Later, researchers added stomach acid to the list of causes and began treating ulcers with antacids. Now it is known that peptic ulcers are predominantly caused by Helicobacter pylori, a spiral-shaped bacterium that normally exist in the stomach.

Did you know?

The most dangerous mercury compound, dimethyl mercury, is so toxic that even a few microliters spilled on the skin can cause death. Mercury has been shown to accumulate in higher amounts in the following types of fish than other types: swordfish, shark, mackerel, tilefish, crab, and tuna.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library