This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: As the couple and their families begin to confront the pain of their loss, many normal ... (Read 35 times)

tth

As the couple and their families begin to confront the pain of their loss, many normal manifestations of grief may be present. Which of the following would indicate an emotional response to the loss?

1. Lack of meaning or direction
  2. Preoccupation
  3. Flat affect
  4. Dreams of the deceased

Question 2

The 20-year-old client at ten weeks' gestation is preparing for her first prenatal visit. She confides, This pregnancy was unplanned. I'm not sure if I want to be pregnant or not. I haven't even told my boyfriend I'm pregnant.

And I haven't decided if I'm going to continue the pregnancy. Which of the following statements should the nurse make next? A. It's really unusual for a pregnant woman to feel this way early in the pregnancy.
   B. These thoughts are because your mother died when you were four years old.
   C. You should go to a pregnancy support group to be a good mother.
   D. It's common to feel ambiguous about pregnancy in the first trimester.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Mollythedog

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 3. Flat affect would be an emotional response to loss.

Answer to Question 2

D

tth

Mollythedog

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

There are over 65,000 known species of protozoa. About 10,000 species are parasitic.

Did you know?

The longest a person has survived after a heart transplant is 24 years.

Did you know?

The eye muscles are the most active muscles in the whole body. The external muscles that move the eyes are the strongest muscles in the human body for the job they have to do. They are 100 times more powerful than they need to be.

Did you know?

Colchicine is a highly poisonous alkaloid originally extracted from a type of saffron plant that is used mainly to treat gout.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library