Author Question: The pregnant client who is at 14 weeks gestation asks the nurse why the doctor used to call her baby ... (Read 62 times)

gonzo233

The pregnant client who is at 14 weeks gestation asks the nurse why the doctor used to call her baby an embryo, and now calls it a fetus. What is the best answer to this question?

A. A fetus is the term used from the ninth week of gestation and onward.
   B. We call a baby a fetus when it is larger than an embryo.
   C. An embryo is a baby from conception until the eighth week.
   D. The official term for a baby in utero is really zygote.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching experienced postpartum nurses about homecare visits. Which statements indicate that teaching was effective? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply.

1. I should tell the family to put any guns or knives away.
  2. It is best to blend in with the community and not bring attention to myself on visits.
  3. If I encounter a crime in progress, I should leave the area.
  4. Wearing jewelry is a good way to demonstrate my professionalism.
  5. Ignoring my 'gut' feelings might lead to an unsafe situation.

durant1234

Answer to Question 1

A

Answer to Question 2

3, 5
Explanation: 3. Nurses should avoid entering areas where violence is in progress. In such cases, they should return to the car and contact the appropriate authorities by calling 911.
5. The nurse should terminate the visit if a situation arises that feels unsafe or if the previous requests are not honored.