This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is planning care at a retirement community. The nurse understands that, compared to a male ... (Read 45 times)

tichca

The nurse is planning care at a retirement community. The nurse understands that, compared to a male of the same age, a 75-year-old woman is more likely to have a:

A. Living spouse.
   B. Pension.
   C. Disability.
   D. Better education.

Question 2

The community nurse is working with a client whose only child is 8 months old. Which statement does the nurse expect the mother to make?

1. I have a lot more time to myself than I thought I would have.
  2. My confidence level in my parenting is higher than I anticipated.
  3. I am constantly tired. I feel like I could sleep for a week.
  4. My baby likes everyone, and never fusses when she's held by a stranger.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

angrybirds13579

Answer to Question 1

C

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 3. Physical fatigue often affects adjustments and functions of the new mother. The nurse can also provide information about the fatigue that a new mother experiences, strategies to promote rest and sleep at home, and the impact fatigue can have on a woman's emotions and sense of control.

Did you know?

Hippocrates noted that blood separates into four differently colored liquids when removed from the body and examined: a pure red liquid mixed with white liquid material with a yellow-colored froth at the top and a black substance that settles underneath; he named these the four humors (for blood, phlegm, yellow bile, and black bile).

Did you know?

Congestive heart failure is a serious disorder that carries a reduced life expectancy. Heart failure is usually a chronic illness, and it may worsen with infection or other physical stressors.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

Did you know?

Atropine, along with scopolamine and hyoscyamine, is found in the Datura stramonium plant, which gives hallucinogenic effects and is also known as locoweed.

Did you know?

In 2012, nearly 24 milliion Americans, aged 12 and older, had abused an illicit drug, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA).

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library