This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is working with an adolescent parent. The adolescent tells the nurse, I'm really scared ... (Read 41 times)

schs14

The nurse is working with an adolescent parent. The adolescent tells the nurse, I'm really scared that I won't take care of my baby correctly. My mother says I'll probably hurt the baby because I'm too young to be a mother.

What is the best response by the nurse? 1. You are very young, and parenting will be a challenge for you.
  2. Your mother was probably right. Be very careful with your baby.
  3. Mothers have instincts that kick in when they get their babies home.
  4. We can give the baby's bath together. I'll help you learn how to do it.

Question 2

While caring for a client in labor, the nurse notices during a vaginal exam that the fetus's head has rotated internally. What would the nurse expect the next set of cardinal movements for a fetus in a vertex presentation to be?

1. Flexion, extension, restitution, external rotation, and expulsion
  2. Expulsion, external rotation, and restitution
  3. Restitution, flexion, external rotation, and expulsion
  4. Extension, restitution, external rotation, and expulsion

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Amiracle

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 4. This response is best because bathing the newborn offers an excellent opportunity for teaching and welcoming parent involvement in the care of their baby.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 4. The fetus changes position in the following order: descent, flexion, internal rotation, extension, restitution, external rotation, and expulsion.

schs14

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

TheNamesImani

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

Patients who have undergone chemotherapy for the treatment of cancer often complain of a lack of mental focus; memory loss; and a general diminution in abilities such as multitasking, attention span, and general mental agility.

Did you know?

Approximately 500,000 babies are born each year in the United States to teenage mothers.

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library