This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The patient delivered her 2nd child yesterday, and is preparing to be discharged. She expresses ... (Read 41 times)

cool

The patient delivered her 2nd child yesterday, and is preparing to be discharged. She expresses concern to the nurse because she developed an upper urinary tract infection (UTI) after the birth of her first child.

Which statement indicates that the patient needs additional teaching about this issue? 1. If I start to have burning with urination, I need to call the doctor.
  2. Drinking 8 glasses of water each day will help prevent another UTI.
  3. I will remember to wipe from front to back after I move my bowels.
  4. Voiding two or three times per day will help prevent a recurrence.

Question 2

Which client requires immediate intervention by the labor and delivery nurse?

1. Client at 8 cm, systolic blood pressure has increased 35 mm Hg
  2. Client who delivered 1 hour ago with WBC of 50,000
  3. Client at 5 cm with a respiratory rate of 22 between contractions
  4. Client in active labor with polyuria

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

SamMuagrove

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Burning with urination is a common symptom of a UTI.
Rationale 2: Drinking 8 or more glasses of water per day will help to prevent the development of a UTI.
Rationale 3: Wiping from front to back after bowel movements will help to prevent the development of a UTI.
Rationale 4: Voiding only two or three times per day is not sufficient to prevent recurrence of a urinary tract infection (UTI).

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 2. The white blood cell (WBC) count increases to 25,000/mm3 to 30,000/mm3 during labor and early postpartum. This count is abnormally high, and requires further assessment and provider notification.

cool

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

ultraflyy23

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Parkinson's disease is both chronic and progressive. This means that it persists over a long period of time and that its symptoms grow worse over time.

Did you know?

Amoebae are the simplest type of protozoans, and are characterized by a feeding and dividing trophozoite stage that moves by temporary extensions called pseudopodia or false feet.

Did you know?

To prove that stomach ulcers were caused by bacteria and not by stress, a researcher consumed an entire laboratory beaker full of bacterial culture. After this, he did indeed develop stomach ulcers, and won the Nobel Prize for his discovery.

Did you know?

Medication errors are three times higher among children and infants than with adults.

Did you know?

Famous people who died from poisoning or drug overdose include, Adolf Hitler, Socrates, Juan Ponce de Leon, Marilyn Monroe, Judy Garland, and John Belushi.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library