This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse suspects that a patient has been physically abused, but the woman refuses to report the ... (Read 109 times)

Coya19@aol.com

The nurse suspects that a patient has been physically abused, but the woman refuses to report the abuse to the police. Which statement by the patient suggests to the nurse that the relationship might be in the honeymoon stage?

1. My boyfriend says he will never hurt me again..
  2. My boyfriend only drinks alcohol on the weekends..
  3. My boyfriend yells less than he used to..
  4. My boyfriend has frequent bouts of insomnia..

Question 2

Among women who have been sexually assaulted, which of the following are the most frequently diagnosed sexually transmitted infections (STIs)? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

Select all that apply. 1. Bacterial vaginosis
  2. HIV
  3. Chlamydia
  4. Syphilis
  5. Gonorrhea

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

kardosa007

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: This is an example of a statement made during the honeymoon phase of the cycle of violence.
Rationale 2: Some abused women blame their abuser's behavior on certain behaviors, like drinking.
Rationale 3: The yelling takes place in the tension-building phase, and can be accompanied by physical abuse.
Rationale 4: Insomia is not part of the cycle of violence.

Answer to Question 2

1, 3, 5
Explanation: 1. Among women who have been sexually assaulted, trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are the most frequently diagnosed sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
3. Among women who have been sexually assaulted, trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are the most frequently diagnosed sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
5. Among women who have been sexually assaulted, trichomoniasis, bacterial vaginosis, gonorrhea, and chlamydia are the most frequently diagnosed sexually transmitted infections (STIs).

Coya19@aol.com

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

kthug

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Great answer, keep it coming :)

Did you know?

Signs and symptoms of a drug overdose include losing consciousness, fever or sweating, breathing problems, abnormal pulse, and changes in skin color.

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

Alzheimer's disease affects only about 10% of people older than 65 years of age. Most forms of decreased mental function and dementia are caused by disuse (letting the mind get lazy).

Did you know?

Cutaneous mucormycosis is a rare fungal infection that has been fatal in at least 29% of cases, and in as many as 83% of cases, depending on the patient's health prior to infection. It has occurred often after natural disasters such as tornados, and early treatment is essential.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library