Author Question: Which of the following tests has become a widely accepted method of evaluating fetal status? 1. ... (Read 14 times)

Jramos095

Which of the following tests has become a widely accepted method of evaluating fetal status?

1. Contraction stress test (CST)
  2. MSAFP test
  3. Non-stress test (NST)
  4. Nuchal translucency test

Question 2

The nurse is interviewing a patient who has admitted to being a victim of spousal abuse. The most typical description of how the spousal violence developed in a relationship is:

1. He changed overnight. Everything was fine, and all of a sudden he flipped out and beat me up; he nearly killed me.
  2. It was severe from the beginning. As soon as we got married, he began hitting me and threatening to kill me.
  3. We've both always dated other people. I thought that was understood. He was as emotionally abusive in the beginning as he is now.
  4. I don't know when it started, really. It was gradual. First, just yelling, blaming, and shoving. Then the beatings started; and now they're more frequent.

taylorsonier

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 3. The non-stress test (NST) has become a widely accepted method of evaluating fetal status. This test involves using an external electronic fetal monitor to obtain a tracing of the fetal heart rate (FHR) and observation of acceleration of the FHR with fetal movement.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Domestic violence does not begin suddenly, and will always escalate.
Rationale 2: Escalation occurs after the commitment, progressing from minor verbal battering to increasingly violent physical abuse.
Rationale 3: Escalation occurs after the commitment, progressing from minor verbal battering to increasingly violent physical abuse.
Rationale 4: Spousal violence usually begins slowly and subtly after a form of commitment such as engagement. Escalation occurs after the commitment, progressing from minor verbal battering to increasingly violent physical abuse.