This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is assessing a woman with a paralyzed arm who has lost her health insurance due to ... (Read 8 times)

nummyann

The nurse is assessing a woman with a paralyzed arm who has lost her health insurance due to unemployment.

The nurse recognizes that women with disabilities face which barriers to employment? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply. 1. No access to transportation
  2. Lack of education and training
  3. Lack of wheelchair access
  4. Lack of wide door openings into buildings
  5. Lack of readily available ramps

Question 2

During the history, the patient admits to being HIV-positive and says she knows that she is about 16 weeks pregnant.

Which statements made by the patient indicate an understanding of the plan of care both during the pregnancy and postpartally? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply. 1. During labor and delivery, I can expect the zidovudine (AZT) to be given in my IV.
  2. After delivery, the dose of zidovudine (AZT) will be doubled to prevent further infection.
  3. My baby will be started on zidovudine (AZT) within 12 hours of delivery.
  4. My baby's zidovudine (AZT) will be given in a cream form.
  5. My baby will not need zidovudine (AZT) if I take it during my pregnancy.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

djofnc

Answer to Question 1

1, 2
Explanation: 1. People with disabilities might not have access to transportation.
2. Lack of education and training is a common factor related to unemployment among women with disabilities.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: All HIV-positive patients are prescribed a three-part therapy after the first trimester. During the labor and delivery process, the doses will be given intravenously.
Rationale 2: The mother will continue with her oral dosage of zidovudine (AZT) after delivery just as prior to delivery.
Rationale 3: Within 812 hours after delivery, the infant is administered oral zidovudine (AZT) and kept on the medication a minimum of 6 weeks.
Rationale 4: The initial treatment is zidovudine (AZT) orally every day. In order to keep the level consistent, it is recommended that dosages be taken consistently.
Rationale 5: The infant will be started on oral zidovudine (AZT) after birth for 6 weeks.

nummyann

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

amynguyen1221

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Approximately one in three babies in the United States is now delivered by cesarean section. The number of cesarean sections in the United States has risen 46% since 1996.

Did you know?

Alcohol acts as a diuretic. Eight ounces of water is needed to metabolize just 1 ounce of alcohol.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

Did you know?

The effects of organophosphate poisoning are referred to by using the abbreviations “SLUD” or “SLUDGE,” It stands for: salivation, lacrimation, urination, defecation, GI upset, and emesis.

Did you know?

Oliver Wendell Holmes is credited with introducing the words "anesthesia" and "anesthetic" into the English language in 1846.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library