This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The community nurse is working with a client at 32 weeks' gestation who has been diagnosed with ... (Read 20 times)

Jipu 123

The community nurse is working with a client at 32 weeks' gestation who has been diagnosed with preeclampsia. Which statement by the client would indicate that additional information is needed?

1. I should call the doctor if I develop a headache or blurred vision.
  2. Lying on my left side as much as possible is good for the baby.
  3. My urine could become darker and smaller in amount each day.
  4. Pain in the top of my abdomen is a sign my condition is worsening.

Question 2

The nurse is monitoring a patient who is receiving an amnioinfusion. Which assessments must the nurse perform to prevent a serious complication? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

Select all that apply. 1. Color of amniotic fluid
  2. Maternal blood pressure
  3. Cervical effacement
  4. Uterine resting tone
  5. Fluid leaking from the vagina

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

braelync

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 3. Oliguria is a complication of preeclampsia. Specific gravity of urine readings over 1.040 correlate with oliguria and proteinuria and should be reported to the physician.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The color of the amniotic fluid is not a critical assessment.
Rationale 2: Blood pressure should be monitored along with other vital signs.
Rationale 3: Cervical effacement is not directly related to the amnioinfusion.
Rationale 4: The uterine resting tone should be carefully monitored with an internal pressure electrode.
Rationale 5: The nurse should continually check to make sure the infused fluid is being expelled from the vagina so it does not build up in the uterus and cause rupture.

Jipu 123

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

Though Candida and Aspergillus species are the most common fungal pathogens causing invasive fungal disease in the immunocompromised, infections due to previously uncommon hyaline and dematiaceous filamentous fungi are occurring more often today. Rare fungal infections, once accurately diagnosed, may require surgical debridement, immunotherapy, and newer antifungals used singly or in combination with older antifungals, on a case-by-case basis.

Did you know?

Though newer “smart” infusion pumps are increasingly becoming more sophisticated, they cannot prevent all programming and administration errors. Health care professionals that use smart infusion pumps must still practice the rights of medication administration and have other professionals double-check all high-risk infusions.

Did you know?

The calories found in one piece of cherry cheesecake could light a 60-watt light bulb for 1.5 hours.

Did you know?

Bacteria have flourished on the earth for over three billion years. They were the first life forms on the planet.

Did you know?

Computer programs are available that crosscheck a new drug's possible trade name with all other trade names currently available. These programs detect dangerous similarities between names and alert the manufacturer of the drug.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library