This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse educator is discussing abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy with the students. The one main ... (Read 44 times)

P68T

The nurse educator is discussing abdominal and vaginal hysterectomy with the students. The one main disadvantage of a vaginal hysterectomy is:

1. More blood loss with the surgery.
  2. Increased pain postoperatively.
  3. A longer recuperation period.
  4. Trauma to the bladder.

Question 2

The nurse is teaching experienced postpartum nurses about homecare visits. Which statements indicate that teaching was effective? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected.

Select all that apply. 1. I should tell the family to put any guns or knives away.
  2. It is best to wear professional street clothes on visits.
  3. If I encounter a crime in progress, I should leave the area.
  4. Wearing jewelry is a good way to demonstrate my professionalism.
  5. Ignoring my gut' feelings might lead to an unsafe situation.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

joneynes

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: There is more blood loss with an abdominal hysterectomy.
Rationale 2: There is more pain with an abdominal hysterectomy.
Rationale 3: There is a longer recuperation period with an abdominal hysterectomy.
Rationale 4: The chance of doing some trauma to the bladder is greater with the vaginal hysterectomy.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The nurse should leave immediately if guns or knives are visible.
Rationale 2: It is best to wear clothing that identifies the nurse as a healthcare professional, such as scrubs or a lab coat.
Rationale 3: Personal safety is paramount. If a crime is encountered, the nurse should leave immediately and call 911.
Rationale 4: Jewelry should not be worn, as it might make the nurse a target of robbery.
Rationale 5: When the nurse feels instinctively unsafe, he or she should leave immediately.

P68T

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

mcabuhat

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Wow, this really help

Did you know?

Everyone has one nostril that is larger than the other.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Patients should never assume they are being given the appropriate drugs. They should make sure they know which drugs are being prescribed, and always double-check that the drugs received match the prescription.

Did you know?

In Eastern Europe and Russia, interferon is administered intranasally in varied doses for the common cold and influenza. It is claimed that this treatment can lower the risk of infection by as much as 60–70%.

Did you know?

In ancient Rome, many of the richer people in the population had lead-induced gout. The reason for this is unclear. Lead poisoning has also been linked to madness.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library