Author Question: The nurse is meeting with a new mother for the first time during a home visit. The patient delivered ... (Read 60 times)

frankwu

The nurse is meeting with a new mother for the first time during a home visit. The patient delivered her first child 3 days ago. She had a normal pregnancy and a vaginal delivery. The infant is breastfeeding.

Which statements by the mother indicate that she needs more information about the home visit? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply. 1. You are going to check my baby's weight.
  2. You are going to watch me nurse the baby and give me tips.
  3. You are going to teach my mother about the baby.
  4. You are checking for safety issues when my son starts crawling.
  5. You are going to take blood samples from me and my son.

Question 2

A 56-year-old client comes into the gynecology clinic with the complaints of constipation and a protrusion from her vagina. What does this client most likely have?

1. A cystocele
  2. A prolapsed uterus
  3. Polycystic ovarian syndrome
  4. A rectocele

s.meritte

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: The components of a postpartum home visit typically include weighing the infant.
Rationale 2: The components of a postpartum home visit typically include assessing a feeding, if possible.
Rationale 3: Teaching of family members might occur, but the main purpose of the visit is to assess the infant's physiologic stability.
Rationale 4: Safety when the infant crawls should be assessed later.
Rationale 5: Not all home visits require blood draws. If there were no pregnancy or birth complications, there is no need to draw blood from the mother.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 4. This is the correct answer. The client often complains of constipation, and the anterior wall of the rectum protrudes through the vagina.