This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is caring for a patient diagnosed with endometriosis. Which statement by the patient ... (Read 19 times)

anshika

The nurse is caring for a patient diagnosed with endometriosis. Which statement by the patient requires immediate follow-up?

1. I am having many hot flashes since I had the Lupron injection.
  2. The pain I experience with intercourse is becoming more severe.
  3. My leg has become painful and swollen since I started taking birth control pills.
  4. I've noticed my voice is lower since I started taking danazol.

Question 2

The nurse is speaking to a community group about the controversy regarding the length of the hospital stay for postpartum patients. Which statement indicates that a participant needs additional information?

1. As of 1998, there's a law that requires insurance to pay for a 48-hour stay after an uncomplicated birth.
  2. The length of stay was shortened by insurance companies to decrease healthcare costs.
  3. Early discharge became more popular in the 1980s as an alternative to having a home birth.
  4. With current length-of-stay laws, newborns have no problems at home, and get recommended follow-up care.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

mk6555

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Hot flashes are expected, and not a complication.
Rationale 2: Dyspareunia is a common symptom of endometriosis, and therefore is not a complication.
Rationale 3: Combination oral contraceptive pills contain estrogen. A painful swollen lower extremity can be a sign of deep vein thrombosis, which can cause thromboembolus, which is potentially life-threatening. This is a complication, and must be addressed immediately.
Rationale 4: A lowered voice is one side effect of danazol. This patient is not experiencing a complication.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: The Newborns' and Mothers' Health Protection Act, which took effect in January 1998, requires insurance to pay for a 48-hour stay after an uncomplicated birth and a 96-hour stay after cesarean birth. Early discharge became more popular in the 1980s as an alternative to having a home birth.
Rationale 2: The shorter-length-of-stay trend became an insurance company policy to decrease healthcare costs.
Rationale 3: Early discharge became more popular in the 1980s as an alternative to home delivery.
Rationale 4: Even with the current length-of-stay laws, many newborns still do not receive the recommended follow-up care when they go home early.

anshika

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Great answer, keep it coming :)

emsimon14

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The first oncogene was discovered in 1970 and was termed SRC (pronounced "SARK").

Did you know?

Your heart beats over 36 million times a year.

Did you know?

Approximately 15–25% of recognized pregnancies end in miscarriage. However, many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.

Did you know?

When blood is deoxygenated and flowing back to the heart through the veins, it is dark reddish-blue in color. Blood in the arteries that is oxygenated and flowing out to the body is bright red. Whereas arterial blood comes out in spurts, venous blood flows.

Did you know?

There are 20 feet of blood vessels in each square inch of human skin.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library