This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse should anticipate the labor pattern for a fetal occiput posterior position to be: 1. ... (Read 50 times)

stevenposner

The nurse should anticipate the labor pattern for a fetal occiput posterior position to be:

1. Shorter than average during the latent phase.
  2. Prolonged as regards the overall length of labor.
  3. Rapid during transition.
  4. Precipitous.

Question 2

The client has just been diagnosed as diabetic. The nurse knows teaching was effective when the client makes which statement?

1. Ketones in my urine mean that my body is using the glucose appropriately.
  2. I should be urinating frequently and in large amounts to get rid of the extra sugar.
  3. My pancreas is making enough insulin, but my body isn't using it correctly.
  4. I might be hungry frequently because the sugar isn't getting into the tissues the way it should.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

ilianabrrr

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Overall labor is often prolonged, not shorter.
Rationale 2: The malposition does not allow the smallest diameter of the fetal head to come down the birth canal, and this can prolong the overall length of labor.
Rationale 3: Overall labor is often prolonged, not more rapid.
Rationale 4: Overall labor is often prolonged, not precipitous.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 4. The client who understands the disease process is aware that if the body is not getting the glucose it needs, the message of hunger will be sent to the brain.

stevenposner

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

tanna.moeller

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Gracias!

Did you know?

The Romans did not use numerals to indicate fractions but instead used words to indicate parts of a whole.

Did you know?

The term bacteria was devised in the 19th century by German biologist Ferdinand Cohn. He based it on the Greek word "bakterion" meaning a small rod or staff. Cohn is considered to be the father of modern bacteriology.

Did you know?

Fatal fungal infections may be able to resist newer antifungal drugs. Globally, fungal infections are often fatal due to the lack of access to multiple antifungals, which may be required to be utilized in combination. Single antifungals may not be enough to stop a fungal infection from causing the death of a patient.

Did you know?

Hip fractures are the most serious consequences of osteoporosis. The incidence of hip fractures increases with each decade among patients in their 60s to patients in their 90s for both women and men of all populations. Men and women older than 80 years of age show the highest incidence of hip fractures.

Did you know?

The ratio of hydrogen atoms to oxygen in water (H2O) is 2:1.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library