This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is working with a community group to reduce teen pregnancy rates. Alternatives for the ... (Read 90 times)

SGallaher96

The nurse is working with a community group to reduce teen pregnancy rates. Alternatives for the group to consider are: Note: Credit will be given only if all correct and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply.

1. Avoidance of sex education in schools.
  2. High-quality reproductive health services.
  3. Developmentally appropriate sex education.
  4. Sexuality curriculum based on community beliefs.
  5. Provision of strategies to enhance life skills.

Question 2

A nurse is providing a client with instructions regarding breast self-examination (BSE).

Which of the following statements by the client would indicate that the teaching has been successful? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply. 1. I should perform BSE 1 week prior to the start of my period.
  2. When I reach menopause, I will perform BSE every 2 months.
  3. Knowing the density of my breast tissue is important.
  4. I should inspect my breasts while standing with my arms down at my sides.
  5. I should inspect my breasts while in a supine position with my arms at my sides.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

nital

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Although controversial, sex education in schools combined with discussion of abstinence and the use of contraceptives has been shown to decrease adolescent pregnancy rates.
Rationale 2: Having access to high-quality reproductive health services is important in reducing adolescent pregnancy rates.
Rationale 3: Providing developmentally appropriate sex education is an approach that reduces adolescent pregnancy.
Rationale 4: Programs that are evidence-based are much more successful in reducing teen pregnancy than non-researched programs.
Rationale 5: Programs that provide strategies to enhance life skills are more successful in reducing adolescent pregnancy rates.

Answer to Question 2

3, 4
Explanation: 3. The effectiveness of BSE is determined by the woman's ability to perform the procedure correctly, by her knowledge of her own breast tissue, and by the density of her breast tissue.
4. The breasts should be inspected while standing with arms at sides.

Did you know?

A serious new warning has been established for pregnant women against taking ACE inhibitors during pregnancy. In the study, the risk of major birth defects in children whose mothers took ACE inhibitors during the first trimester was nearly three times higher than in children whose mothers didn't take ACE inhibitors. Physicians can prescribe alternative medications for pregnant women who have symptoms of high blood pressure.

Did you know?

Limit intake of red meat and dairy products made with whole milk. Choose skim milk, low-fat or fat-free dairy products. Limit fried food. Use healthy oils when cooking.

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

In the United States, an estimated 50 million unnecessary antibiotics are prescribed for viral respiratory infections.

Did you know?

Not getting enough sleep can greatly weaken the immune system. Lack of sleep makes you more likely to catch a cold, or more difficult to fight off an infection.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library