This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is planning care for a patient with hydramnios. For which interventions might the nurse ... (Read 22 times)

ENagel

The nurse is planning care for a patient with hydramnios. For which interventions might the nurse need to prepare the patient? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct choices and no incorrect choices are selected. Select all that apply.

1. Artificial rupture of the membranes
  2. Amnioinfusion
  3. Amniocentesis
  4. Administration of prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor
  5. Administration of indomethacin

Question 2

The client demonstrates that the nurse's teaching regarding ways to prevent a recurrence of her urinary tract infection was effective when she makes which statement?

1. I should wipe from back to front after urination.
  2. I should urinate when I feel the urge.
  3. I should try to restrict my intake of fruits.
  4. I should use a diaphragm.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

xthemafja

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Artificial rupture may be performed to remove the excessive fluid.
Rationale 2: Amnioinfusion is performed for oligohydramnios.
Rationale 3: Amniocentesis may be performed to remove some excess fluid.
Rationale 4: A prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor is used to treat hydramnios.
Rationale 5: Indomethacin can decrease amniotic fluid by decreasing fetal urine output.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 2. Retention overdistends the bladder, and can lead to infection.

ENagel

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
:D TYSM

JCABRERA33

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

Did you know?

Drugs are in development that may cure asthma and hay fever once and for all. They target leukotrienes, which are known to cause tightening of the air passages in the lungs and increase mucus productions in nasal passages.

Did you know?

Many supplement containers do not even contain what their labels say. There are many documented reports of products containing much less, or more, that what is listed on their labels. They may also contain undisclosed prescription drugs and even contaminants.

Did you know?

Throughout history, plants containing cardiac steroids have been used as heart drugs and as poisons (e.g., in arrows used in combat), emetics, and diuretics.

Did you know?

Only 12 hours after an egg cell is fertilized by a sperm cell, the egg cell starts to divide. As it continues to divide, it moves along the fallopian tube toward the uterus at about 1 inch per day.

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library