Author Question: A client in the emergency department is diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. Before ... (Read 22 times)

Garrulous

A client in the emergency department is diagnosed with pelvic inflammatory disease. Before discharge, the nurse will provide the client with some health teaching about which topic?

1. Endometriosis
  2. Menopause
  3. Ovarian hyperplasia
  4. IUD for contraception

Question 2

The nurse is working with a pregnant 14-year-old. Which statement indicates that additional education is required?

1. Because I am still growing, I need more calories than a pregnant adult.
  2. I need to eat fruit and vegetables every day to get enough vitamins.
  3. My favorite food is pizza, and I eat it once a week.
  4. Because I don't eat breakfast, I'll have to eat more at supper.

tsternbergh47

Answer to Question 1

Explanation: 4. The woman who uses an IUD for contraception and has multiple sexual partners needs to understand clearly the risk she faces.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 4. Pregnant young adolescents should eat breakfast to ensure the adequate calorie and protein intake needed. In assessing the diet of the pregnant adolescent, the nurse should consider the eating pattern over time, not simply a single day's intake.