Author Question: The clinic nurse teaches the pregnant patient being treated for trichomoniasis about the risks to ... (Read 34 times)

robinn137

The clinic nurse teaches the pregnant patient being treated for trichomoniasis about the risks to her pregnancy due to this infection. Which statement would indicate successful teaching?

1. I am at risk of having a preterm birth because of this infection..
  2. I might need to have my membranes ruptured because of this infection..
  3. I am at risk of having a baby with a high birth weight..
  4. I may have intercourse with my husband while bring treated for this infection..

Question 2

A multiple-gestation patient has just had her first biophysical profile (BPP) of 8 at 33 weeks' gestation. When would she return for the next BPP?

1. In 12 weeks
  2. In 34 weeks
  3. In 56 weeks
  4. In 78 weeks

Sweetkitty24130

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: There is a risk of preterm birth, rupture of membranes, and low birth weight.
Rationale 2: This is a false statement. Rupturing the membranes would lead to premature birth.
Rationale 3: There is a risk of a low-birth weight baby, due to premature birth.
Rationale 4: Partners should avoid intercourse until both are cured.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: A BPP of 8 is reassuring, and follow-up normally occurs in 12 weeks.
Rationale 2: Returning in 34 weeks is not soon enough.
Rationale 3: Returning in 56 weeks is not soon enough.
Rationale 4: Returning in 78 weeks is not soon enough.