This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A patient who was raped is in the emergency department. She asks the nurse what her alternatives are ... (Read 32 times)

beccaep

A patient who was raped is in the emergency department. She asks the nurse what her alternatives are for emergency contraception. The nurse tells her she can: Note: Credit will be given only if all correct and no incorrect choices are selected.

Select all that apply. 1. Take levonorgestrel and ethinyl estradiol.
  2. Have Essure implanted.
  3. Have a laparoscopic tubal ligation.
  4. Take levonorgestrel alone, but in a high dose.
  5. Take high doses of male hormones.

Question 2

The nurse is providing discharge teaching to a woman who delivered her first child 2 days ago. The nurse understands that additional information is needed if the patient makes which statement?

1. I should expect a lighter flow next week.
  2. The flow will increase if I am too active.
  3. My bleeding will remain red for about a month.
  4. I will be able to use a pantiliner in a day or two.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

jrpg123456

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: null
Rationale 2: Essure is a method of permanent sterilization.
Rationale 3: A laparoscopic tubal ligation is a method of sterilization, not emergency contraception.
Rationale 4: null
Rationale 5: Taking a high dose of male hormones is not a method of emergency contraception.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Lochia should gradually diminish in amount and change to a lighter brownish or pinkish color. A week after delivery, the flow is noticeably lighter compared with the lochia on the second postpartum day.
Rationale 2: Too much activity often leads to an increase in the amount of lochia.
Rationale 3: By the second postpartum day, the lochia should no longer be bright red.
Rationale 4: By day three, the amount of lochia shed is very small and requires only a pantiliner for protection.

beccaep

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Gracias!

Zebsrer

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

A seasonal flu vaccine is the best way to reduce the chances you will get seasonal influenza and spread it to others.

Did you know?

Pope Sylvester II tried to introduce Arabic numbers into Europe between the years 999 and 1003, but their use did not catch on for a few more centuries, and Roman numerals continued to be the primary number system.

Did you know?

Lower drug doses for elderly patients should be used first, with titrations of the dose as tolerated to prevent unwanted drug-related pharmacodynamic effects.

Did you know?

A recent study has found that following a diet rich in berries may slow down the aging process of the brain. This diet apparently helps to keep dopamine levels much higher than are seen in normal individuals who do not eat berries as a regular part of their diet as they enter their later years.

Did you know?

Persons who overdose with cardiac glycosides have a better chance of overall survival if they can survive the first 24 hours after the overdose.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library