This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is teaching an early pregnancy class for patients in the first trimester of pregnancy. ... (Read 80 times)

Awilson837

The nurse is teaching an early pregnancy class for patients in the first trimester of pregnancy. Which statement requires immediate intervention by the nurse?

1. When my nausea is bad, I will drink some ginger tea.
  2. The fatigue I am experiencing will improve in the second trimester.
  3. It is normal for my vaginal discharge to be green-colored.
  4. I will urinate less often during the middle of my pregnancy.

Question 2

The parents of a preterm newborn wish to visit their baby in the NICU. A statement by the nurse that would not support the parents as they visit their newborn is:

1. Your newborn likes to be touched.
  2. Stroking the newborn will help with stimulation.
  3. Visits must be scheduled between feedings.
  4. Your baby loves her pink blanket.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

honnalora

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Ginger helps nausea, and is safe for use during pregnancy.
Rationale 2: First-trimester fatigue is common; fatigue usually improves during the second trimester.
Rationale 3: Increased white vaginal discharge, leucorrhea, is common during pregnancy. Green discharge is not a normal finding, and indicates a bacterial infection.
Rationale 4: As the uterus rises in the pelvis during the second trimester, urinary frequency improves. Urinary frequency increases again during the end of the third trimester as the fetal head descends into the pelvis.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: Statements that encourage the parents to touch the newborn will help them bond with their child.
Rationale 2: Statements that encourage the parents to stroke the newborn will help them bond with their child and provide stimulation.
Rationale 3: The nurse always should encourage parents to visit and get to know their newborn, even in the NICU.
Rationale 4: Comments that personalize the baby will tell the parents their baby is unique and special.

Awilson837

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Animal_Goddess

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
:D TYSM

Did you know?

The use of salicylates dates back 2,500 years to Hippocrates's recommendation of willow bark (from which a salicylate is derived) as an aid to the pains of childbirth. However, overdosage of salicylates can harm body fluids, electrolytes, the CNS, the GI tract, the ears, the lungs, the blood, the liver, and the kidneys and cause coma or death.

Did you know?

The most common childhood diseases include croup, chickenpox, ear infections, flu, pneumonia, ringworm, respiratory syncytial virus, scabies, head lice, and asthma.

Did you know?

Excessive alcohol use costs the country approximately $235 billion every year.

Did you know?

When Gabriel Fahrenheit invented the first mercury thermometer, he called "zero degrees" the lowest temperature he was able to attain with a mixture of ice and salt. For the upper point of his scale, he used 96°, which he measured as normal human body temperature (we know it to be 98.6° today because of more accurate thermometers).

Did you know?

More than nineteen million Americans carry the factor V gene that causes blood clots, pulmonary embolism, and heart disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library