This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse knows that which of the following are advantages of spinal block? Note: Credit will be ... (Read 29 times)

vinney12

The nurse knows that which of the following are advantages of spinal block? Note: Credit will be given only if all correct answers and no incorrect answers are selected. Select all that apply.

1. Intense blockade of sympathetic fibers
  2. Relative ease of administration
  3. Maternal compartmentalizatio n of the drug
  4. Immediate onset of anesthesia
  5. Larger drug volume

Question 2

The nurse is explaining to a new prenatal client that the certified nurse-midwife will perform clinical pelvimetry as a part of the pelvic exam.

The nurse knows that teaching has been successful when the client makes which statement about the reason for the exam? 1. It will help us know how big a baby I can deliver vaginally.
  2. Doing this exam is a part of prenatal care at this clinic.
  3. My sister had both of her babies by cesarean.
  4. I am pregnant with my first child.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Expo

Answer to Question 1

2, 3, 4
Explanation: 2. One of advantages of spinal block is the relative ease of administration.
3. One of the advantages of spinal block is the maternal compartmentalizatio n of the drug.
4. One of the advantages of spinal block is the immediate onset of anesthesia.

Answer to Question 2

Explanation: 1. By performing a series of assessments and measurements, the examiner assesses the pelvis vaginally to determine whether the size and shape are adequate for a vaginal birth; this procedure is called clinical pelvimetry.

vinney12

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

sultana.d

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Acute bronchitis is an inflammation of the breathing tubes (bronchi), which causes increased mucus production and other changes. It is usually caused by bacteria or viruses, can be serious in people who have pulmonary or cardiac diseases, and can lead to pneumonia.

Did you know?

About 100 new prescription or over-the-counter drugs come into the U.S. market every year.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

Only one in 10 cancer deaths is caused by the primary tumor. The vast majority of cancer mortality is caused by cells breaking away from the main tumor and metastasizing to other parts of the body, such as the brain, bones, or liver.

Did you know?

Vaccines cause herd immunity. If the majority of people in a community have been vaccinated against a disease, an unvaccinated person is less likely to get the disease since others are less likely to become sick from it and spread the disease.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library