This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is preparing a patient for amniocentesis. Which statement would indicate that the patient ... (Read 24 times)

Jramos095

The nurse is preparing a patient for amniocentesis. Which statement would indicate that the patient clearly understands the risks of an amniocentesis?

1. I might go into labor early.
  2. It could produce a congenital defect in my baby.
  3. Actually, there are no real risks to this procedure.
  4. The test could stunt my baby's growth.

Question 2

The nurse assesses a sleeping 1-hour-old, 39-weeks'-gestation newborn. The assessment data that would be of greatest concern would be:

1. Temperature 97.9F.
  2. Respirations 68 breaths/minute.
  3. Blood pressure 72/44.
  4. Heart rate 156 beats/min.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Carissamariew

Answer to Question 1

Rationale 1: Amniocentesis has the potential for causing preterm labor
Rationale 2: Congenital defects are the result of heredity or medications.
Rationale 3: Amniocentesis has potential complications such as infection or bleeding.
Rationale 4: Growth retardation most commonly is associated with heredity or poor nutrition.

Answer to Question 2

Rationale 1: This is within the normal temperature range of 97.599F.
Rationale 2: The normal respiratory rate is 3060 breaths/min; 68 breaths/min could represent a less-than-ideal transition.
Rationale 3: This blood pressure is within the normal range of 9060/5040 mm Hg.
Rationale 4: This heart rate is within the normal range of 110160 beats/min.

Jramos095

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

blakcmamba

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions cause a higher risk of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.

Did you know?

Sperm cells are so tiny that 400 to 500 million (400,000,000–500,000,000) of them fit onto 1 tsp.

Did you know?

To maintain good kidney function, you should drink at least 3 quarts of water daily. Water dilutes urine and helps prevent concentrations of salts and minerals that can lead to kidney stone formation. Chronic dehydration is a major contributor to the development of kidney stones.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

According to the CDC, approximately 31.7% of the U.S. population has high low-density lipoprotein (LDL) or "bad cholesterol" levels.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library