This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A nurse asks the mother of a 4-month-old infant to undress the infant. The nurse observes the mother ... (Read 71 times)

09madisonrousseau09

A nurse asks the mother of a 4-month-old infant to undress the infant. The nurse observes the mother taking off several layers of clothing and knows that the outdoor temperature is 70 degrees Fahrenheit.

Which of these statements should the nurse make to the mother?
  1. My,you are dressing your infantwarmly today.
  2. Did you think it was cold when youleft your home this morning?
  3. I see that you have many layers ofclothing on your baby. This may cause your baby's temperature to rise.
  4. When you leave the office,onlyput one layer of clothing on your baby.

Question 2

The nurse is providing anticipatory guidance instructions to the parents of a newborn. Which of these instructions should the nurse give as diseaseprevention strategies?

1. Routine metabolic screening
  2. Vision screening
  3. Sports safety
  4. SIDS risk reduction

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

Li Jun

Answer to Question 1

Answer:3
Rationale:In this scenario,the mother has overdressed the infant. The nurse needs to gently inform the mother of this problem and to provide information to the mother on why it is a problem. Just making a statement on how warmly the child is dressed will not accomplish this goal or just telling the mother to only put one layer of clothing on the child does not provide a rationale for the mother to make a better decision the next time,so this statement also is not helpful to the mother.

Answer to Question 2

Answer:1
Rationale:
Several disease-prevention strategies are used during anticipatory guidance for the parents of newborns.Metabolic screening as part of the newborn screening tests,hearing screening,eye examinations,immunizations,prevention of secondhand-smoke exposure,SIDS risk reduction,formula safety,hand-washing, and minimizing the exposure to disease.

09madisonrousseau09

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

kishoreddi

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
Excellent

Did you know?

Always store hazardous household chemicals in their original containers out of reach of children. These include bleach, paint, strippers and products containing turpentine, garden chemicals, oven cleaners, fondue fuels, nail polish, and nail polish remover.

Did you know?

More than 30% of American adults, and about 12% of children utilize health care approaches that were developed outside of conventional medicine.

Did you know?

Normal urine is sterile. It contains fluids, salts, and waste products. It is free of bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

Did you know?

Thyroid conditions may make getting pregnant impossible.

Did you know?

There are more bacteria in your mouth than there are people in the world.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library