This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: A new parent group inquires about the stages through which their children will progress as they grow ... (Read 50 times)

craiczarry

A new parent group inquires about the stages through which their children will progress as they grow older. The nurse is discussing Piaget's developmental stages.Place Piaget's stages in the order of progression.

1. Sensorimotor
  2. Formal operational
  3. Preoperational
  4. Concrete operational

Question 2

While trying to inform a 5-year-old girl about what will occur during an upcoming CT scan,the nurse notices that the child is engaged in a collective monologue,talking about a new puppy. The nurse's best response would be

1. Please stop talking about yourpuppy.I need to tell you about your CT scan.
  2. ignore the child's responsesand continue discussing the procedure.
  3. I'll come back when you are readyto talk with me more about your CT scan.
  4. You must be so excited to have anew puppy They are so much fun. Now let me tell you again about going downstairs in a wheelchair to a special room.

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

cascooper22

Answer to Question 1

Answer:1,3,4,2
Rationale:Sensorimotor (birth to 2 years),preoperational (2 to 7 years),concrete operational (7 to 11 years),formal operational (11 years to adulthood) Evaluation
Psychosocial Integrity

Answer to Question 2

Answer:4
Rationale: When a child becomes engaged in a collective monologue,it is best to respond to the content of her conversation and then attempt to reinsert facts about the content that needs to be covered.

craiczarry

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Thanks for the timely response, appreciate it

sarah_brady415

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

The lipid bilayer is made of phospholipids. They are arranged in a double layer because one of their ends is attracted to water while the other is repelled by water.

Did you know?

The first monoclonal antibodies were made exclusively from mouse cells. Some are now fully human, which means they are likely to be safer and may be more effective than older monoclonal antibodies.

Did you know?

The average person is easily confused by the terms pharmaceutics and pharmacology, thinking they are one and the same. Whereas pharmaceutics is the science of preparing and dispensing drugs (otherwise known as the science of pharmacy), pharmacology is the study of medications.

Did you know?

Nearly 31 million adults in America have a total cholesterol level that is more than 240 mg per dL.

Did you know?

Hypertension is a silent killer because it is deadly and has no significant early symptoms. The danger from hypertension is the extra load on the heart, which can lead to hypertensive heart disease and kidney damage. This occurs without any major symptoms until the high blood pressure becomes extreme. Regular blood pressure checks are an important method of catching hypertension before it can kill you.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library