This topic contains a solution. Click here to go to the answer

Author Question: The nurse is discussing toddler development with the mother of a 2 1/2-year-old child. Which ... (Read 44 times)

Pea0909berry

The nurse is discussing toddler development with the mother of a 2 1/2-year-old child. Which statement by the mother indicates she has an understanding of the toddler's developmental task?

a. I always help my daughter complete tasks to help her achieve a sense of accomplishment..
  b. I provide many opportunities for my daughter to play with other children her age..
  c. I consistently stress the difference between right and wrong to my daughter..
  d. I encourage my daughter to do things for herself when she can..

Question 2

A nurse caring for a hospitalized adolescent should implement which most developmentally appropriate intervention?

a. Encouraging peers to call and visit when the adolescent's condition allows
  b. Being sure the adolescent wears a hospital gown or pajamas throughout the hospitalization
  c. Discouraging questions and concerns about the effects of the illness on the adolescent's appearance
  d. Asking the parents how the adolescent usually copes in new situations

Related Topics

Need homework help now?

Ask unlimited questions for free

Ask a Question
Marked as best answer by a Subject Expert

sabina576

Answer to Question 1

D
The toddler's developmental task is to achieve autonomy. Encouraging toddlers to do things for themselves assists with this developmental task. Toddlers participate in parallel play. They play next to rather than with age mates. Excessive stress on the differences between right and wrong can stifle autonomy in the toddler and foster shame and doubt.

Answer to Question 2

A
The peer group is important to the adolescent's sense of belonging and identity; therefore, separation from friends is a major source of anxiety for the hospitalized adolescent. Adolescents should be encouraged to wear their own clothes to foster their sense of identity. Questions and concerns about the adolescent's appearance and the effects of illness on appearance should be encouraged. How the adolescent copes should be asked directly of the adolescent.

Pea0909berry

Reply 2 on: Jun 27, 2018
Excellent

Chelseyj.hasty

Reply 3 on: Yesterday
YES! Correct, THANKS for helping me on my review

Did you know?

Interferon was scarce and expensive until 1980, when the interferon gene was inserted into bacteria using recombinant DNA technology, allowing for mass cultivation and purification from bacterial cultures.

Did you know?

Less than one of every three adults with high LDL cholesterol has the condition under control. Only 48.1% with the condition are being treated for it.

Did you know?

Asthma occurs in one in 11 children and in one in 12 adults. African Americans and Latinos have a higher risk for developing asthma than other groups.

Did you know?

The first oral chemotherapy drug for colon cancer was approved by FDA in 2001.

Did you know?

Today, nearly 8 out of 10 pregnant women living with HIV (about 1.1 million), receive antiretrovirals.

For a complete list of videos, visit our video library